Our key aims and principles
The Strategy sets out our strategic aims for 2023 – 2028:
- Improve outcomes in population health and healthcare
- Tackle inequalities in outcomes, experiences and access
- Enhance productivity and value for money
- Support broader social and economic development.
The Strategy is based on three guiding principles:
- Prevention is better than cure
- Equity in everything
- Integration by default
Summary version – alternative formats
NHS partners within the Integrated Care System are currently working on a Joint Forward Plan, which details how our local NHS organisations will deliver the NHS Mandate, tackle key issues and contribute to the aims of the Integrated Care Strategy.